Thursday, December 18, 2008

12.18.2008

Mom took dad to the temple early this morning for his weekly shift, I picked dad up when his shift had ended and took him home. As always I cherished the few moments we were able to spend reviewing his morning, his party last evening, and the events on the calendar for this afternoon. I had made some homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles and all thinking that dad might enjoy it for lunch; he was kind and said he might try it. I am pretty sure Campbell's Chicken Noodle will win.

Mom is taking dad to his Neurologist later this afternoon, we are sure that all will go well.

Dad passed his exam with the Neurologist with flying colors, Dr. Gaufin does not need to see dad again unless he develops a problem. Once again our prayers have been answered. I spent the evening with mom and dad as we had our annual candy making event, dad worked in his office as we worked in the kitchen. The sounds, sights, and tastes of Christmas filled our childhood home this evening; I feel so humbly blessed to have been there to experience it.

No comments: