Monday, September 29, 2008

9.27.2008

Michele and Madi stopped by to visit with dad this morning, Michele has been ill and unable to visit, it was good to see both of them. Mom is going to the Conference Center to fulfill her missionary responsibilities, this is the first time she has been back since dad's diagnosis. Dad and I rode downtown to get an ice cream cone, he then her returned home to start watching some of the DVD's we have taken over.

As I was watching mom prepare to leave today I felt strengthened by this amazing woman. I was especially strengthened by her commitment to her calling, she was going and doing the things the Lord has commanded knowing that our Heavenly Father would provide the way for her to accomplish the demands of all that is on her plate. I stood in the doorway of her bedroom admiring the peace, confidence, and extraordinary strength she was exhibiting when the following Hymn came to mind:

It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.
Being in the service of their fellowmen remains a priority with our parents, although dad is unable to serve on site he continues to serve via the phone. Dad is in constant contact with the individuals he and mom work with at the Conference Center, they continue to organize and facilitate special events for church leaders and organizations, and their hearts are full of sincere desire.
The weeks prior to General Conference mom and dad's schedules are always full of several events, training, broadcasts and meetings, it is inspiring to witness our parents desires to go anywhere, do anything, for however long the Lord requires; our parents continue to dedicate their lives to the Lord's work.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.
As I watched mom pull out of the garage I was humbled by her trust and faith that everything would be okay while she was away, our mother knows that her Father in Heaven loves her. I will be eternally grateful to my parents for their examples of faith, commitment, and desires to be all that He wants them to be.

No comments: