Monday, November 24, 2008

11.21.2008

Mom took dad to his appointment with the Urologist today, everything checked out fine. After today's appointment dad is now able to remove another medication off of his lengthy regimen; we are grateful.

Dad asked mom to stop at China Isle on their way home from Provo to pick up some take out, dad had seen an ad from the restaurant and had been craving some of their soup. Dad had egg drop soup for lunch today and is looking forward to a hot and spicy Chinese soup for dinner. I phoned dad later this afternoon to see how he was doing, we visited about his appointment and discussed once again how well he is recovering. Dad is going to count up just how many days he spent in the hospital over the past couple of weeks; he is still haunted by the trauma and remains convinced that he has been taking far too many medications that do not play well together, I am leaning more and more that direction myself.

I walked over this evening to spend time with dad; he was just finishing up a bowl of Burnt Almond Fudge Ice Cream as I arrived. Dad's gout has flared up again the past couple of days and he is quite miserable with this. Dad has been spending a great deal of time reading in Isaiah the past couple of days so our conversation this evening was centered around the teachings he has been studying. I continue to marvel at our father's knowledge and wisdom in the gospel; dad shared his thoughts and ideas about tithing and fasting with me this evening. Once again I have been taught at the feet of my father.

Maigan, Dave, and Easton stopped by on their way home from dinner; Easton continues to delight dad with his fun, active personality that floods each of us with memories of Anthony 25 years ago.

No comments: