Wednesday, November 26, 2008

11.26.2008

I called dad this morning to see how he did last night and he said that he slept well considering the pain he is experiencing. His appetite remains good, he made the following comment while we were discussing food

"You and your mother have spoiled me, you usually inquire if anything sounds good several times a day and yesterday you didn't ask me."
I explained to him that I had called last evening but he was asleep and asked what sounded good to him. He replied "WienerSchnitzel has extra long chili dogs two for a dollar and that sounds really good". He let me know that he and mom were headed down there as soon as they finished up with an appointment they had at the house.
It is evident that dad does not feel well as he is experiencing some mild anxiety and irritability. None of this can possibly be easy for our father, I am sure that he thinks of many things, scenarios, and situations in the quietness of each day. Through fear, pain, anxiety, and sadness dad continues to prove that his spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to his mortal body.
Marty, Teri and the girls will be here later this evening and we will look forward to a memorable Thanksgiving; we have much to be grateful for.

No comments: