Tuesday, November 11, 2008

11.5.2008

Dave went over and spent time with dad this morning, dad is doing better and not needing his cane this morning. Mom took dad to radiation today before leaving for The Conference Center, I will go in early this evening to prepare his dinner. Dad's appetite continues to be a struggle but we give him an A+ for effort.

I arrived at 5:30 this evening to find dad in the kitchen finishing up his dinner, he had eaten some homemade soup that mom had prepared earlier that afternoon and was topping off his evening meal with a bowl of sherbet. Dad looks and acts much stronger this evening, the swelling in his legs is still present but his legs are not as warm to the touch.

Dad and I had a great visit this evening discussing mom and her love of speed; she ski's fast, she rides horses fast, she walks fast, she cleans fast, she works fast, loves fast rides at amusement parks, and she drives fast. Several jokes, comments, and stories made for an evening of laughter. Nights like tonight are my most cherished treasures. As we prepared to head for the bedroom this evening dad expressed to me through tear filled eyes his disappointment that he would not be able to be at the airport tomorrow to welcome his missionary home. I explained to dad that there is no way we would allow him to go even if he could; it would be far too risky. I promised that he would see Elder Bean as soon as his radiation appointment was over.

I got dad settled back in bed, took his temperature and left him to watch some movies until mom returns a few hours from now.

No comments: